Released under the GIC Framework
Veolia Water has just been awarded the contract under a Public Private Partnership to manage the water services for Changzhou, a fast-growing city of 1.2 million inhabitants, located in the Jiangsu Province some 100 kilometers from Shanghai.
Total revenues under this 30-year PPP contract, awarded after an international call for tender, amounts to a total revenue of more than 800 million euros over the period.
Under the terms of the contact, Veolia Water has formed a partnership with the Hong Kong-based group Citic Pacific to acquire a 49% stake in the municipal company ChangZhou Tap Water Group. The city of ChangZhou retaining the remaining 51%.
Veolia Water will be responsible for managing these company, including 850 employees, whose brief is to produce and distribute drinking water (5 plants with a global capacity of 790,000 m3/day, a 1,750 km network). It will also be in charge of managing customer service.
« The contract to serve the city of Changzhou is the 16th awarded to Veolia Water in China following on from those recently signed with Urumqi and Handan. It will significantly strengthen our presence in China, particularly in the Shanghai region, where we already provide the full range of water services in Pudong. This new partnership highlights the success of Veolia Water's teams in forging a trust-based relationship with the Chinese authorities. The strong performance and quality of service delivered on contracts awarded over the last eight years have also been key factors »
said Antoine Frérot, Chief Executive Officer of Veolia Water